1UP Patcher question.

This section is for anything related to the technical aspects of .hack//fragment, such as server discussion, custom utilities, etc.
Nobody

So yesterday I got everything setup following the tutorial on YouTube/ reddit.

However, I've seen something about a patcher but am clueless as to whether this is needed at all or not, and if so, how to go about installing it.

I can connect to Netslum, but when I check the list for servers, there is exactly one, with no players and I can't connect to it (I can't recall the exact error message).

Am I missing something? Should this be working? Single player works fine.
1UP

Nobody wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 am So yesterday I got everything setup following the tutorial on YouTube/ reddit.

However, I've seen something about a patcher but am clueless as to whether this is needed at all or not, and if so, how to go about installing it.

I can connect to Netslum, but when I check the list for servers, there is exactly one, with no players and I can't connect to it (I can't recall the exact error message).

The patcher was made because people were having issues with pnach files and pcsx2. It is technically not required to play however makes the change so the game can connect to the lobby server. It also works with the original version of the game and (as far as I know at least) any other version that might be floating around out there.

If you see a server and can't connect to it then the person who is hosting the server doesn't have it port forwarded. There's nothing you can do about that. You can check to see what servers are currently online by going here:
https://fragment.dothackers.org/status.php
Nobody

1UP wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 am
Nobody wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 am So yesterday I got everything setup following the tutorial on YouTube/ reddit.

The patcher was made because people were having issues with pnach files and pcsx2. It is technically not required to play however makes the change so the game can connect to the lobby server. It also works with the original version of the game and (as far as I know at least) any other version that might be floating around out there.

If you see a server and can't connect to it then the person who is hosting the server doesn't have it port forwarded. There's nothing you can do about that. You can check to see what servers are currently online by going here:
So technically, I'm good?

I just checked the link you provided . The server I wanted to join, was the O Arcadia Pi server. It was also the only server available anyway.
1UP

Nobody wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:01 am
1UP wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 am

So technically, I'm good?

I just checked the link you provided . The server I wanted to join, was the O Arcadia Pi server. It was also the only server available anyway.
Yea if you were unable to join that then it's not set up properly on their end.