tellipatch public releases

This section is for anything related to the technical aspects of .hack//fragment, such as server discussion, custom utilities, etc.
vector

This patcher (named "tellipatch") will fit a Japanese .hack//Frägment ISO with the latest (work-in-progress) .hack//Frägment translation!

You should only use this patcher with an ORIGINAL .hack//Frägment ISO.
You may receive checksum errors if you try to use it with a modified ISO.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Links & Downloads:

Required (Windows Only): ImgBurn (Download Mirror from ImgBurn's Own Servers)
Required (Windows Only): .NET 6.0 Runtime

tellipatch Version 1.3
Windows 7 / 10 | Linux (Ubuntu)

this is the definitive version of the patcher. it will always use the latest available translations.

Patch Notes
(last updated: 2022 January 19)

Video Guide

How to use this patcher:
1. Put your (unmodified) Japanese.hack//Frägment ISO in the same folder as the batch script (Apply Patch.bat).Rename this ISO "fragment.iso".
2. Run the "Apply Patch" batch script. This does a few things, all automatically:
- mounts the ISO to your PC
- copies all the data from the ISO to a local directory
- patches the local directory with the translations
- rebuilds the ISO using ImgBurn

Please follow each prompt very closely until you reach the end.
Once the patcher is finished, you can find your new game / ISO alongside the rest of the patcher's files, named "dotHack Fragment (1.3).iso".

As progress is made on our end, updates are automatically pushed directly to you. It's recommended you routinely run Apply Patch.bat to make sure you have the latest translations applied to your game / ISO.

F.A.Q.
What exactly IS tellipatch?
tellipatch is a community collaboration with the ultimate goal of creating a comprehensive .hack//frägment english translation. this script combines the translations from Princess Alice's patch, Vi Ness's patch, Emuz's graphical patch, and PLM's patch and builds them all into one functional ISO.

ImgBurn fails to run when I'm patching!
Chances are you have installed ImgBurn in a location other than the folder "Program Files (x86)". You can change this line in the batch script:
"PATH TO IMGBURN\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /SRC "fragment_eng\" /DEST "%CD%\dotHack Fragment (1.0).iso" /START /OVERWRITE YES /ROOTFOLDER YES /CLOSESUCCESS
The patcher errors out saying "The file or dictionary is corrupted and unreadable."
Your ISO is already modified, this is a common error if you accidentally try to patch the Coldbird version. The only thing I can legally tell you is to try ripping your own copy directly from the game disc.

The patcher closes unexpectedly before completing and I can't read the error message!
Your Antivirus is blocking one of either "xdelta.exe" or "fragmentpatcher.exe". Disable your AV temporarily or add these exe's to your exceptions.

The patcher will only continue on to the next step if I press enter after each prompt!
You may have clicked somewhere inside the cmd prompt window, causing it to enter "Mark Mode". In this mode, the cmd prompt freezes the output window to make highlighting text / copy & pasting easier. To disable this mode, right click the cmd prompt's title bar, and select Properties. Uncheck "Insert Mode" and "Quick Edit Mode", then click OK to save.

Screenshots:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Credit to PLM, Princess Alice (Telli), Dau, Emuz, Enlike, Nyao, Vector, Vi Ness, Xithyl_kykori, and Zackmon.
Special thanks to 1UP, Alkalime, Bison, Dash, Erroneous, Esor, Falions, Harrito, NCDyson, rlstine, Snownami, Robert Coldbird & the Netslum community.
Last edited by vector on Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Host of Arcadia Pi
When the finger points to the yonder moon, the fool will not look at the fingertip.
Rosko

And what exactly is this for ?
Is it like different patch from what we have since previous ?
I mean the fragment build 8.13 that is like used for years
PC: Ryzen 5 5600x, 64GB RAM, RTX3070ti
Character: -=Rosko=-
Consoles: PS3, PS4, PSVita; psn id NolanDaneworth
Twitch
Princess Alice

Rosko wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 pm And what exactly is this for ?
It’s a completely new patch built from the ground up. No G.U. theme. Just the beautiful blue ui with much more translations than Coldbird’s Build
I’m not cute! Stop saying that!
Rosko

Princess Alice wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm
Rosko wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 pm And what exactly is this for ?
It’s a completely new patch built from the ground up. No G.U. theme. Just the beautiful blue ui with much more translations than Coldbird’s Build
I actually like coldbird build more, cuz native theme is unbearable and also buffs/debuffs arent clear to understand sometimes
Twitch
dothackfragment

Does this Patch work with a Original PS2 Disc of Frägment :?: :?
Last edited by dothackfragment on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vector

dothackfragment wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm Does this patch work with a Original PS2 Disc of Frägment :?: :?
Yep! That's the preferred method of using this patcher. Rip your own game disc using a program (like ImgBurn), and patch with the extracted ISO.
Host of Arcadia Pi
When the finger points to the yonder moon, the fool will not look at the fingertip.
dothackfragment

Ok Thanks a lot I was a bit confused :D
Acelot

YESSSSSS
Chibiko

Hi! Good work!
But linux patch do not works:

Code: Select all

./bin/fragment_patcher -isoPath="fragment.iso" -outputIsoPath="dotHack Fragment 1.2.iso"
fragment patcher by plm
/........
%!s(int64=130422784)} VOICE/FOOD.BIN:{%!s(int64=988116992) %!s(int64=1327104)}]
2021/09/18 18:37:51 failed to download csv from google sheets: Get "https://doc-14-0s-sheets.googleusercontent.com/pub/70cmver1f290kjsnpar5ku2h9g/e08aojdbdq7hdvque21aq98dgo/1631979440000/114821228478362779722/*/e@2PACX-1vTEeAsyZAWYOq3NouuFryyl-U7Tk0Xxe0rar1ZPrM_qUou170P8-BX5fS2w-9tPLnzq6VquXWj3qrpO?gid=1884693932&single=true&output=csv": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:443: i/o timeout
How i can patch it?
Rosko

Alkalime wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 amPlease do not discuss piracy on my website.
Fine. Delete the replies please then, because i resolved my issue.
Twitch