AREA SERVER at main menu

This section is for the discussion of .hack//fragment. Ask for help, find other people to play with, have fun!
yAJYDXKFp7QDzJCPcjVE

Does the AREA SERVER main menu option really serve any purpose at this point? Just curious.
Kaoru Ichinose

Are you asking if this menu page is needed, for Area Server?
or something else.

1UP

yAJYDXKFp7QDzJCPcjVE wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm Does the AREA SERVER main menu option really serve any purpose at this point? Just curious.
If you are planing on running a server you should be going through that process.
Ganiman

I think he's asking for the actual in-game area server...
Kaoru Ichinose

Ganiman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 am I think he's asking for the actual in-game area server...

You mean, the one listed on the front page that no one looks for?
http://fragment.dothackers.org/downloads.php
1UP

Ganiman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 am I think he's asking for the actual in-game area server...
I don't think so because the Area Server is an option on the main menu. If he was specifically referring to the actual server, it wouldn't have been worded that way.
Kaoru Ichinose

1UP wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 pm
I don't think so because the Area Server is an option on the main menu. If he was specifically referring to the actual server, it wouldn't have been worded that way.

"main menu option"
There are 4 menu options that do different things for Area Server, and no reason to edit it because it's translated and works.
Like 1UP said, it's for putting out servers to Fragment Online, and the home page also explains Area Server is not needed to play Fragment.
If you want to edit Area Server for anything it might go against the fact it already works just fine.
Bison

This button is for activating area servers and spectating, thanks.
Kaoru Ichinose wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm [There are 4 menu options that do different things for Area Server, and no reason to edit it because it's translated and works.
Like 1UP said, it's for putting out servers to Fragment Online, and the home page also explains Area Server is not needed to play Fragment.
If you want to edit Area Server for anything it might go against the fact it already works just fine.
Utter spud man, utter utter spud.
Kaoru Ichinose

WELP, glad that's over with.
1UP

Bison wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 am Image
This button is for activating area servers and spectating, thanks.
Kaoru Ichinose wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm [There are 4 menu options that do different things for Area Server, and no reason to edit it because it's translated and works.
Utter spud man, utter utter spud.
Das wut I wuz talking bout