(Real) PS2 Players?

This section is for the discussion of .hack//fragment. Ask for help, find other people to play with, have fun!
Ganiman

Any PS2 players here? Not PS2 emulator. I'm working on getting my PS2 to play fragment online. I've made some progress so far. It seems that MC Boot works better than HD Boot, or perhaps it is the newer version of Open PS2 Loader I put on MC Boot. I am able to play in offline mode, but haven't gotten online mode working just yet. If I have success, I'll report back, but I would love to know if there are other (real) PS2 players out there.
Ganiman

PS2 is working online. I am using Free MC Boot with iso 8.13 not patched for netslum, and I'm overriding DNS to coldbird.net to point to the right location. If anyone wants more details, let me know.
Rosko

Well, a couple of my friend r sitting on ps2, so if u could make an instruction - it would be great.
PC: Ryzen 5 5600x, 64GB RAM, RTX3070ti
Character: -=Rosko=-
Consoles: PS3, PS4, PSVita; psn id NolanDaneworth
Twitch
Operator

I know a couple of people were playing on the backwards compatible PS3 at one point. It'd be nice to have guides for all the different possible consoles but I don't have a PS2 or PS3 lol.
Ganiman

Feel free to ask me questions about my experience getting PS2 working in the discord server. I use the same name there. If I have time, maybe I'll put together a quick guide - I'm not sure where that would go though.
Operator

Ganiman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm Feel free to ask me questions about my experience getting PS2 working in the discord server. I use the same name there. If I have time, maybe I'll put together a quick guide - I'm not sure where that would go though.
.hack//fragment Technical I suppose, that's where I put the AS guide and where Bison put the linux AS guide. Maybe I'll make a new subforum for guides and move them there.
NeonTheWolf

I run it on real ps2 hardware using mcboot. I probably could throw together a guide on how to get it to run.
I'm still a dude...I guess
Soulfyre

I'm trying to get it to run on a mcboot ps2. Getting the 8.13 patched iso at the moment
Scoutkirby

I'm playing on a real PS2! I use one of the fat models with a hard drive. Dropped the patched ISO onto my PS2 hard drive with WinHIIP and ran it off that with OPL. You can probably do the same with a PS2 slim and a USB hard drive but your results may vary. I had a network profile set up already from another game but you can set one up from the Online menu in game.
Caycee-Joy

I play on ps2 using a back-up disc with the patched iso via ESR (that runs from free mcboot soft mod so its saved on the memorycard) https://www.psx-place.com/threads/esr.19136/

It was very simple just put in the (patched) cd with the desired iso once this is on your memory card.
I believe using disc of this nature for a very long time may damage your ps2 eye laser but it hasn't been too bad despite heavy usage.
Joy L - 99 Heavy Blade
Tea - 91 Heavy Axe
Uuna - WIP Twin Blade