Netslum Lobby Status

Announcements and maintenance alerts for the Netslum lobby server.
Operator

As you probably know, Netslum's current status can be found here:
http://fragment.dothackers.org/status/
If the page displays incorrectly or not at all then it probably means the server is down.

New posts will be added to this thread in the case of planned or unexpected server downtime.
Operator

At some point on February 25th 2017 the Netslum server went offline unexpectedly, we're working to restore service ASAP.

Edit: Problem resolved as of 14:49 GMT

The issue was an outage on our hosting provider's end.
Operator

Service is spotty as of 11th November 2019 due to the hosting provider migrating the server Netslum is hosted on to a different configuration. I don't know when it'll be stable again but it should only be a few days of interrupted service.
I'll update this post when I know more.
Operator

The server should be back online. I don't know if it will go down again at some point soon due to the host changing configs but if it does it shouldn't be down for as long next time.
Happy .hacking.
Operator

At some point during the next week the website, lobby server and BBS will all go temporarily offline while the domain name is transferred to a different registrar.
The downtime could potentially last for up to 24 hours, but it is unlikely to be that long. There's no way to know when exactly the downtime will occur.
Operator

Netslum is now running the FragmentServer_netCore server which means that BBS and Mail are now working in-game! Please log in and check them out.

Thanks to Zackmon, 1UP and NCDyson for their research and development into getting these features working.
Operator

Guilds and Rankings update:

The server is now running the latest update which adds the Guilds and Rankings functionality.

Current Limitations with the Guild Functionality:
- Guild Chat is still not working
- When accepting a Guild invite you have to log out and log back in for the invitation to take effect.
- Normal guild members can donate items and the price they set will be discarded. The Guild Master has to set the desired price for selling items in the guild shop.

Special thanks to Zackmon and NCDyson for their work getting the Guilds system functional.
Operator

Hi all, after a short maintenance the lobby server is back online.

This update brings a large amount of code changes, some bug fixes, and the inclusion of the News Post feature (I'll get a news post set up soon :P).

Here's the patch notes as written by Zackmon:
FragmentNetslumServer Changelog 2022/02/11

New Features:
*News Section
*Guild Mailing

Fixes :
*Guild Invite crashes on PS2 are fixed
*When checking "Area Server Bookmark" the client won't disconnect anymore
*Assigning a new Guild Master will update the leader name correctly in the Guild Info
*When browsing the guild shop from the main "Shop List" menu , the prices will reflect correctly if you are a member of the guild

Enhancements:
*Packet handling have been refactored , it's now using attributes to execute the correct opcode instead of the huge switch statement
*Updating the runtime to .Net 6

Known Bugs:
*After accepting a guild invite player must logout then login to take effect
*Regardless of the choice for the guild invite an error message will appear for the player
*The Guild Chat Lobby not working
*The "Area Server Bookmark" will always show the servers as offline