So, what's the story with the BBS?

This section is for the discussion of .hack//fragment. Ask for help, find other people to play with, have fun!
Skeithrunner

Test posts are there, what's up with it no longer being accessable? Not that this forum isn't great, it is, it's just a bummer it can't be hosted on Fragment.
Operator

Like all of the other functions of the lobby server other than the basic chat and getting players into the game, it was never implemented and probably relies on dnas or the disk ID or something that would make it very difficult to implement functionality for.
Skeithrunner

Alkalime wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:05 pm Like all of the other functions of the lobby server other than the basic chat and getting players into the game, it was never implemented and probably relies on dnas or the disk ID or something that would make it very difficult to implement functionality for.

Strange about the test posts then :c If only. If I get back in touch with anyone that knows coding or anything I can let you guys know :)

The game runs very well though, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. Thank you for the experience. /salute
1UP

Skeithrunner wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 pm
Alkalime wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:05 pm Like all of the other functions of the lobby server other than the basic chat and getting players into the game, it was never implemented and probably relies on dnas or the disk ID or something that would make it very difficult to implement functionality for.

Strange about the test posts then :c If only. If I get back in touch with anyone that knows coding or anything I can let you guys know :)

The game runs very well though, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. Thank you for the experience. /salute
The posts are just hard coded. They don't come from a real player or anything.
Operator

Skeithrunner wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 pm Strange about the test posts then
It's just dummy data that was hardcoded by ncdyson when he was researching what was what i'm pretty sure. those posts work but there's no real dynamic way to get the post data from a database yet